Kings Bay Y
Kochavim Summer Camp
KINGS BAY Y KOCHAVIM CAMP
*SELF-DIRECTION AND RESPITE HOURS ACCEPTED*
We strongly believe that when every member of our community feels a sense of belonging, they are able to explore who they are and who they want to be, try new things, and venture outside their comfort zone. Our program is committed to providing a caring, welcoming environment for all children, including those with special needs.
Kochavim is made up of individuals who are similar, but also unique. It is our hope that together we can ensure that Kochavim encourages meaningful participation and creates a warm sense of community for all of us.
Your child will enjoy the fun-filled days of summer camp while learning important social and life skills. We use our daily activities to encourage them to build solid foundations for personal growth and independence. Kochavim campers will participate in a variety of activities modified to meet each child’s needs, under the supervision of experienced staff, with a high camper-to-counselor ratio. Program eligibility is determined by an interview and screening process.
They will have full access to our Indoor Junior Olympic Size swimming pool, rock-climbing walls, auditorium, 4,800 sq. ft. indoor gymnasium, outdoor playground, computer lab, video & recreational lounges, multiple classroom spaces, and more. We have also contracted outdoor-field space from the KBYO to ensure campers are able to experience the best of both worlds from an activity standpoint. With highly trained and talented staff, your campers are sure to have an exciting and fun Summer!
Need transportation? We have it (for an additional fee)!
To view our routes and rates, please visit our transportation page.
Need to drop off early or pick up late?
Early Stay is available starting at 7:45 AM and Late Stay concludes at 6:00 PM where campers will participate in fun, exciting counselor-led activities!
Activity Highlights Include:
- SUPERVISED Swim – Water comfort activities and free swim activities.
- Sensory-based activities and Mindfulness lessons to promote self-control, objectivity, affect tolerance, enhanced flexibility, and concentration
- Adapted specialty-based activities such as Adaptive Theater Classes Led by Co/Lab Theater Company, Water Tag, 360 Scooters, Go Karts, Arts, Dance, Ju-Jitsu, Sports (Indoor & Outdoor), Dance, Music, Improv, Archery, Science, Spike-Ball, Cooking, Computers & Gaming, Rock Climbing and so much more!
- Participate in one of the camp’s best experiences – TRIPS!
- Hot kosher lunches and snacks.
- Multiple-Licensed Department of Education Staff leading specialty-based activities!
- Our program has partnered with various organizations (i.e. LightKeepers International, Leif Riddell’s Improv Playhouse, Hidden Gems Archery, etc.) to ensure an incredible experience for all.
REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
The following steps need to be completed to enroll a child in the Kings Bay Y Summer Camp Inclusion Program:
Step 1 – Please fill out and submit the application and intake information form along with your
child’s I.E.P. (Individualized Education Program) to the office at Kings Bay Y.
Step 2 – Your child’s application and intake information form will be processed and reviewed.
Step 3 – We will schedule a meeting with your family and the Camp Director and/or Mental Health and Special Needs Coordinator to assess your child’s needs, discuss accommodations and needs prior to attendance, and determine if our summer camp is a right fit for your child and family.
Step 4 – The Mental Health and Special Needs Coordinator will work closely with the family to determine what placement option is appropriate for your child.
Please contact us at: (718) 648-7703 ext. 0 or camp@Kingsbayy.org for any questions that you may have.
CAMP 2023 DATES
- Full Summer: June 28 – August 18, 2023
- Session 1: June 28 – July 21, 2023
- Session 2: July 24 – August 18, 2023
- Extended Week: August 21 – 25, 2023
$2,500 1/2 Session
$4,000 Full Summer
$750 for Extended camp
Bring a Friend: $100 off Full Session, $50 off 4-7 Weeks, $10 off 1-3 Weeks
Sibling Discount: $100 off for the Second Child for 4+ Weeks
Loyalty Discount (For returning campers at any time in addition to other discounts): $100 off Full Session, $50 off 4-7 Weeks
Discounts subject to change.