Kings Bay Y
Kochavim Summer Camp
Kochavim Summer Day Camp Program
Children with special needs, grades K – 7th
Financial assistance is available. *Self-Direction and Medicaid Accepted*
We strongly believe that when every member of our community feels a sense of belonging, they are able to explore who they are and who they want to be, try new things, and venture outside their comfort zone. Kochavim is made up of individuals who are similar, but also unique. It is our hope that together we can ensure that Kochavim encourages meaningful participation and creates a warm sense of community for all of us.
Your child will enjoy the fun-filled days of summer camp while learning important social and life skills. We use our daily activities to encourage them to build solid foundations for personal growth and independence. Kochavim campers will participate in a variety of activities modified to meet each child’s needs, under the supervision of experienced staff, with a high camper-to-counselor ratio. Program eligibility is determined by an interview and screening process.
- Our indoor activities will feature full access to our Indoor Junior Olympic Size swimming pool, rock-climbing walls, auditorium, 4,800 sq. ft. indoor gymnasium, outdoor playground, computer lab, video & recreational lounges, multiple classroom spaces, and more.
- Highly trained and talented staff.
- Bus stop transportation available.
- Hot kosher lunches and snacks.
- Early drop-off/late stay is available.
- Sensory based activities and Mindfulness lessons to promote self-control, objectivity, affect tolerance, enhanced flexibility, and concentration
- Swim – Supervised water comfort activities and free swim activities.
- Adapted specialty based activities such as Adaptive Theater Classes Led by Co/Lab Theater Company, Sports, Science, Music, Improv, Spike-Ball, Cooking, Computers & Gaming, Rock Climbing, and more
Registration and Application Process
The following steps need to be completed to enroll a child in the Kings Bay Y Summer Camp Inclusion Program:
Step 1 – Please fill out and submit the application and intake information form along with your
child’s I.E.P. (Individualized Education Program) to the office at Kings Bay Y.
Step 2 – Your child’s application and intake information form will be processed and reviewed.
Step 3 – We will schedule a meeting with your family and the Camp Director to assess your child’s needs, discuss accommodations and needs prior to attendance, and to determine if our summer camp is a right fit for your child and family.
Step 4 – The Camp Director will work closely with the family to determine what placement option is appropriate for your child.
Please visit our FAQ page for more information about the Summer 2022 season!
Please contact us at: (718) 648-7703 ext. 0 or info@Kingsbayy.org for any questions that you may have.
Dates – Summer 2022
- Full Session: June 28 – August 19, 2022
- Session 1: June 28 – July 22, 2022
- Session 2: July 25 – August 19, 2022
Rates as of March 1st:
$2,500 1/2 session
$4,000 Full summer
$750 for Extended camp
Bring a Friend: $100 off Full Session, $50 off 4-7 Weeks, $10 off 1-3 Weeks
Sibling Discount: $100 off for the Second Child for 4+ Weeks
Loyalty Discount (For returning campers at any time in addition to other discounts): $100 off Full Session, $50 off 4-7 Weeks
As of June 1, 2022, full payment upon registration is required.
*Please note: All prices and discounts are subject to change.