Kings Bay Y
Kings Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn a non-profit organization located in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn is in search of a Sr. Accountant to join our team. This is a newly created position reporting directly to our CFO.
· Assist with month-end close and financial reporting functions including preparation of accrual basis financial statements and monthly financial reports.
· Review transactions posting to accounting system to ensure quality and accuracy of financial reporting
· In charge of grants budgeting, billing and collaborative reporting
· Prepare monthly reconciliations
· Process prepayments/deferrals, book accruals and adjustments
· Monitor budget-to-actual activity
· Oversee Senior Day Care billing and collection
· Perform daily customer receipts reconciliations to CRM system, merchant reports and bank deposits
· Serve as a backup for payroll processing and reporting functions (currently ADP)
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Knowledge of Grant Management and Non-Profit Accounting
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting Software
· Knowledge of ADP Payroll system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Five years or more of related experience
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kings Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn is an equal opportunity employer. Kings Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.