Kings Bay Y
Instructor leads and actively engages in a safe, organized, meaningful, enriching, and fun music program for campers (primarily ages 4-13). The program should focus on skills for music and for life, such as collaboration, problem-solving, creativity, confidence, and having fun. Specialists must be available to work the full nine-week season and be able to attend staff training dates before camp starts. It is important to understand the high responsibility of this role because of King Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn Camp’s long successful history and the trust the surrounding community puts into the camp to provide their children with a fun, safe, and engaging environment. We are looking for individuals who have a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and love working with children!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Create a 9-week curriculum for 3 age groups (4-6, 7-9, 10-13)
- Build lesson plans for each music project
- Create a budget for music supplies
- Lead students through their music lessons
- Classroom preparation and clean up
- Experience working with school-aged children
- Build campers passion and appreciation for a diverse array of music
- Training/certification and/or experience in leading music, movement, and recreational activities, at least one year of successful, related teaching experience.
- Desire and ability to supervise, lead, and positively manage campers and work with other staff in a cooperative, team-oriented camp atmosphere.
- Knowledge and skills in your assigned area and the ability to teach these skills to campers and staff.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess excellent character, integrity, adaptability, patience, self-control, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Summer salary: Seasonal contract based on experience
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online trainings
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022