Kings Bay Y
Lifeguard is responsible for assisting in aquatic guarding and instruction as needed at the Kings Bay YM-YWHA. This position receives direct supervision from the Director of Phys. Ed. and Aquatics Buildings Manager and exercises no supervision over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Provide life-guarding services. Respond to emergency situations and if necessary administer CPR/First Aid.
- Prepare and submit accident/incident reports.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Create a positive experience for patrons through professional and courteous behavior.
- Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, co-workers and the general public.
- Respect diversity in the workplace. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Safe aquatic practices. Tools, materials and equipment needed to maintain swimming pools.
- Principles of group dynamics and group interaction.
- Emergency procedures and accident site management. Basic office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Basic arithmetic, spelling, English and grammar.
- Identify and prevent hazards, implement solutions, and maintain safe environments.
- Follow written and oral instructions; speak clearly and concisely, in English.
- Interpret, explain, follow and apply organizational and state policies and written instructions.
- Communicate courteously and cooperatively with other staff and the general public, on the telephone or in person,
- including handling difficult or irate people.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, other staff members, program participants and the general public.
- Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Work in a group or individual situation, with minimum supervision.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements:
- Maintain current CPR, First Aid certifications
- Must wear a required uniform while on duty
- Summer salary: Seasonal contract based on experience
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online training
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022