Kings Bay Y
Head Counselors report directly to the Division Leader. Head Counselors are responsible for the general safety, development, and fun of up to 18 campers, per group, ranging from 4 to 14 years old. With your co-counselors, head counselors follow the daily schedule to lead their groups between the variety of specialist-led activities ensuring proper communication with the rest of the camp staff. We are looking for responsible, reliable, and mature applicants who have a passion for working with children, and are excited to bring camp-wide energy and enthusiasm daily to the program.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Play and lead activities including Archery, S.T.E.A.M., Martial Arts, Art & Design, Music, Architecture, Sports (Basketball, Soccer, Football, Volleyball, Kickball, etc.), Dance, Yoga, Bowling, Theater, Singing, Biking, 360 Scooters, Axe-Throwing, JCC Jeopardy, Aqua Rock-Climbing Wall, Mini-Golf.
- Assist with daily check-in and check-out of campers.
- Be observant and mindful that you are responsible for the daily well-being of your campers.
- Ensure participants are safe (properly hydrated, playing areas are free of hazards, etc.).
- Keep track of supplies for camp and convey to the Division Leader any needs the group has.
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of camp and activities.
- Be knowledgeable of and enforce Summer Day Camp policies and procedures.
- Occasionally fill-in for fellow counselors in the event of need.
- Attend to campers with patience and enthusiasm.
- Provide First Aid (For those staff who are First Aid/CPR Certified), activate Emergency protocols when necessary, keep track of campers medical allergies/conditions.
- Communicate appropriately with campers, parents, and colleagues alike.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete all training modules – (In-person/Remote as scheduled)
- Work at least 8 of the 9 weeks of camp
- Be present and on-site every scheduled shift
- Follow camp dress code during work shifts
- Attend camp meetings as scheduled
Summer salary: Seasonal contract based on experience
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend staff training and complete online training as scheduled
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022
Note: Transportation, Early Stay, Late Stay counselor add-on opportunities available