Kings Bay Y
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn. From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.
Kings Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn a non-profit organization located in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn is in search of a part-time Driver to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience driving a bus as well as working with children, and we’re anxious to talk with anyone who has transported grade school-aged kids in the past. Our Bus Drivers are an essential part in our organization, and we value their contributions. This job is ideal for someone who is dependable, enjoys interacting with children, and is a safe driver.
· Transport children to and from main office to camp site.
· Transport children from school to our after school program site.
· Transport KBY members from main site to other off site events.
· Develops and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff including Camp Counselors, After School counselors, Office personnel, and most important our Campers.
· Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
· Obey all traffic laws
· Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route
· Ensure safety of all students
· Assist students with getting on and off the bus when required
· Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
· Attend monthly safety meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· CDL license required
· 1+ years’ experience driving a school bus
· No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
· Clean driving record (no traffic citations in last 5 years)
· Ability to carry out assigned route on time
· Excellent communication skills
· 2+ years’ working with children preferred
Candidates MUST have CDL license and be prepared to complete appropriate background checks and other child protection requirements.
Job Type: Part-time Pay $17.00 per hour Schedule: Monday to Friday
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Kings Bay YM-YWHA is an equal opportunity employer. Kings Bay YM-YWHA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.