Kings Bay Y
Division Leaders act as a liaison between the Camp Director, Staff Coordinator and the group or division for which they are responsible. Division Leaders will directly supervise counselors which includes scheduling and group management. Division Leaders review daily camper, parent, counselor and family liaison feedback to implement adjustments as needed.Under the direction of the Staff Manager, the summer camp Division Leaders are responsible for all day-to-day camp supervision and management of the Summer Day camps including but not limited to, general supervision of staff and overseeing implementation of camp activities. We are looking for responsible, reliable, and mature applicants who have a passion for working with children, and are excited to bring a camp-wide energy and enthusiasm daily to the program.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Model and teach the KBY/JCC Brooklyn values and camp philosophies with campers, colleagues, parents, visitors and any other constituents.
- Connect quickly with staff and campers. Develop and maintain personal relationships that inspire trust and confidence.
- Assist staff and campers with meeting personal goals and those established by the camp for their development.
- Assist with development and implementation of camp curriculum and schedules.
- Lead activities for camp and/or units as applicable.
- Assist in recruitment, selection, training, and provision of ongoing supervision of all camp staff.
- Provide ongoing coaching to staff to ensure that goals are achieved and to prepare them for increased responsibilities.
- Prepare and process evaluation in accordance with camp procedures and as assigned.
- Execute staff training curriculum. Lead training activities and/or staff meetings as assigned.
- Execute day-to-day responsibilities to create a safe, secure, and enjoyable environment. Enforce all safety regulations including keeping campers and program areas clean and safe.
- Anticipate and minimize potential problems with staff, campers, or the environment and respond effectively to problems that occur.
- Apply camp policies and procedures accordingly.
- Ensure that curriculum is followed but also allow for spontaneity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Positively and proactively communicate with and respond to the camp team.
- Assist staff in executing established procedures for supervising campers and activities including but not limited to transportation, group time, lunch, and all swim times.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Maintain current CPR / AED/ First Aid for the Professional Rescuer certification (certification classes will be provided)
- Complete all training modules – (In-person/Remote as scheduled)
- Work at least 8 of the 9 weeks of camp
- Be present and on-site every scheduled shift
- Follow camp dress code during work shifts
- Attend camp meetings as scheduled
Summer salary: Beginning at $5000.00 seasonal contract ($16.45 per hour).
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online trainings
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022 – Please note Division
- Leaders will be required to help assist in the supervision of both Early & Late Stay Extended sessions.