Kings Bay Y
“Camp”cierge Specialist (Parent Liaison)
Although this person is not a counselor, they work to bridge the communication between camp and home by helping parents get the information, support, and help they need to ensure their child’s success in camp. Campcierge Specialists want to empower parents and make sure that they understand what they can do to get involved, keep informed, and share information to ensure that their child does their best. Campcierge Specialists will work closely with the Division Leaders. We are looking for responsible, reliable, and mature applicants who have a passion for working with children but are comfortable in forward-speaking roles. Applicants must be excited to bring camp-wide energy and enthusiasm daily to the program, while also being willing to address and tackle the most challenging daily situations head-on with families.
Responsibilities(but not limited to):
- Provide immediate support to staff members who require additional assistance in difficult situations that may require either active/reactive responses towards applicable families.
- Initiate outgoing and take incoming phone calls from parents to update them on their child’s daily progress at camp.
- Communicate with applicable staff (Director, Staff Manager, Division Leader, etc.) when needed to ensure handled outreach and/or situation management is addressed and recorded appropriately.
- Extreme accuracy in the input and maintenance of database records
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work with difficult people in a positive manner
- Have a clear understanding of camp rules relating to addressing behavior issues and how to treat campers.
- Understand that campers come first and decisions should be made in the best interest of the campers and their families.
- Explain and enforce the policies, traditions, and rules of the camp.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Prior Customer Relationship experience in a childcare setting preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to address concerns with care and understanding.
- Complete all required training modules.
- Work at least 8 of the 9 weeks of camp.
- Be present and on-site every scheduled shift
- Follow camp dress-code during work shifts
- Attend camp meetings as scheduled
Summer salary: Beginning at $5000.00 seasonal contract ($16.45 per hour).
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online trainings
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022