Kings Bay Y
Kings Bay YM-YWHA, Inc, a non-profit organization located in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn is in search of an Accounting Assistant to join our team. This position will oversee the operations of the Accounting Department. This is a newly created position and will be reporting directly to our CFO.
· Reconcile customer receipt transactions to bank deposits daily
· Process credit card transactions – gather credit card receipts & supporting documentation, follow up with credit card holders to obtain supporting documents for the charges, code and enter transactions
· Enter Accounts Receivable transactions and apply payments in accounting system
· Code invoices in accordance with established practices and accounting principles and enter into accounting system
· Enter bank transfers into accounting system
· Make bank deposits
· Copy/Scan documents, maintain files and other accounting documentation
· Gather supporting documentation for audits
· Assist with other accounting department tasks and projects as needed
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of SAGEMIP Fund Accounting Software and ADP
· Knowledge of Grant Management and Accounting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance required.
· Five years or more of related experience required.
· Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kings Bay YM-YWHA is an equal opportunity employer. Kings Bay YM-YWHA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.