Kings Bay Y
The Transportation Coordinator effectively coordinates staff, parents, campers, and third-party bus vendors. Is solely responsible for scheduling efficient transport of campers and staff. Due to the nature of accidents, emergency situations, and unforeseen circumstances, the Coordinator delivers transportation services efficiently, while demonstrating problem-solving abilities and communication skills under stress. The transportation coordinator is committed to resolving challenges around the clock. The transportation coordinator understands the varying degrees of processes and prioritizes effectively to successfully manage the daily operations of this department. The Transportation Coordinator works closely with the Camp Operations Director and camp families. We are looking for individuals who have a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and love working with children and their families!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Work closely with the Administrative Management team to identify campers needing bus transportation.
- Will prepare Bus Route lists with names of campers as per administrative team and data entry personnel .
- Ability to balance bus assignments with KBY Summer Camp trip needs as scheduled in advance.
- Assign pick-up/drop-off locations for campers along route (usually the stop closest to their home address).
- Will prepare the final letter to camp families with the confirmations of transportation that includes cell phone number of the bus counselor, route information including where the bus stop is located and the estimated pick-up and drop-off times minimum 2 weeks prior to campers entry to camp.
- Make adjustments to the camper bus route as needed, 4-5 days before camp and distribute lists to Bus counselors as well as the rest of the camp team. Make any last minute changes by Telephone and a follow up email.
- Create Check-in/Check-out sheets by each bus stop for Bus counselors to use.
- Provide approved authorized pick-up lists/emergency phone numbers on spreadsheet or other usable format to checkers/bus riders.
- Train Bus Counselors and Campers, as to the protocol at the bus stops and on the bus. (ie: What to do if a parent is not there to drop off or to pick up, behavior problems on the bus, late bus, sick/injured child on the bus, etc.)
- Check in with camp families and Bus counselors throughout the session.
- Work with parents prior to camp session to coordinate any changes to transportation stop, changes to approved authorized pick-ups. (Respond to parent phone calls/emails within 24 hours.)
- Work closely with the Administrative Management team in final week prior to camp to coordinate any camper changes (additions/deletions)
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Experience in recordkeeping desirable
- Experience with database and computer applications is highly desirable
- Extreme accuracy in the input and maintenance of database records
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work with difficult people in a positive manner
- Previous experience working with and/or managing volunteers/staff helpful
- Demonstrates a high level of quality customer service at all levels of interaction
- Complete online training modules
- Work ALL 8 weeks of camp
- Be present and on-site every scheduled shift
- Follow camp dress code during work shifts
- Attend camp meetings as scheduled
Prior to Camp Start: Starting Hourly Wage $16.45 per hour
During Camp Season – Starting at $5000.00 seasonal contract ($16.45 per hour).
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend staff training and complete online training as scheduled
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022
Note: Transportation, Early Stay, Late Stay counselor add-on opportunities available.