Kings Bay Y
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn. From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.
Kings Bay YM-YWHA is an equal opportunity employer. Kings Bay YM-YWHA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
The Kings Bay YM-YWHA, Inc. is seeking a Head Teacher with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and at least 2 years of experience to join our team.
Head Teacher Responsibilities:
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum that is aligned with the NYC DOE Common Core guidelines.
- Effective communication with families and co-teachers
- Directly supervise children at all times and treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population.
- Interact professionally, affectionately and respectfully with children, families and colleagues
- Consistently provide stimulating activities that will support their emotional, intellectual and social development following NYS Common Core Standards
- Encourage parental involvement in the program
- Nurture the parent-child bonding
- Keep an open line of communication between families regarding their child’s developmental growth and transitions
- Experience using work sampling as an assessment tool
- Work with parents to increase their understanding of child development, including but not limited to development stages, developmental appropriateness, early literacy and parental involvement
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of children
- Assess family needs adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures while supervising the children at all times
- Accept supervision
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and staff training
- Communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback
- Cooperate successfully and professionally as a member of a team
- Collaborate and offer ideas and materials with co-workers
Head Teacher Requirements:
- Must have a Masters Degree in Early Childhood
- Must be hold a NY State Teaching Certificate Birth-2nd
- Must be Fingerprinted by the Department of Investigation and Department of Education
- Must have previous classroom experience in UPK classroom
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org