Kings Bay Y
Fitness Specialists, coach, train and educate children ages 4-13 years about physical fitness through sports and healthy lifestyle choices. Promote the enjoyment of sports activities while improving physical competence, developing confidence, and teaching basic skill development, while also providing outstanding hospitality to ensure a positive camp experience. The fitness specialist will serve as a resource for participants to achieve exercise goals, skill goals, and a sense of well-being. A fitness specialist can specialize in any of the following sports activities: soccer, softball, flag football, yoga, dance, Zumba, martial arts, archery, and a plethora of team sports. It is important to understand the high responsibility of this role because of King Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn Camp’s long successful history and the trust the surrounding community puts into the camp to provide their children with a fun, safe, and engaging environment. We are looking for individuals who have a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and love working with children and their families!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Create a 9-week curriculum for 3 age groups (4-6, 7-9, 10-13)
- Build lesson plans for teaching and implementing rules of the sport
- Create a budget for sports supplies
- Prep each lesson
- Lead students through their fitness regime
- Classroom preparation and clean up
- Build campers passion and appreciation for a sport
- Training/certification and/or experience in leading a fitness activity. At at least one year of successful, related teaching experience.
- Desire and ability to supervise, lead, and positively manage campers and work with other staff in a cooperative, team-oriented camp atmosphere.
- Knowledge and skills in your assigned area and the ability to teach these skills to campers and staff.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess excellent character, integrity, adaptability, patience, self-control, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Summer salary: Seasonal contract based on experience
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online trainings
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022