Kings Bay Y
Counselor in training (CIT)
CITs are responsible for providing peer leadership at camp. They are expected to serve as positive role models for campers as well as provide assistance to the camp staff. CITs are expected to participate fully in all activities at all times and to provide leadership in various activities when asked. CITs will take direction from the group lead or specialist they are assigned. We are looking for individuals who have a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and love working with children
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Help camp staff in setup and breakdown camp activities
- Help get campers involved in activities.
- Assist counselors to create a fun and safe environment for all.
- Accompany counselors in guiding campers from one activity to another.
- Inform camp counselors you are working with of any problems.
- Encourage campers to get to know each other and to work as a group.
- Follow camp rules and expectations and be able to explain rules to campers.
- Be flexible and ready to adjust to new situations or weather conditions
- Ask questions when in doubt and keep open lines of communication.
- Always make sure that your counselor/specialist can see you are assisting with an activity.
- Prep for snacks and lunch.
- Have FUN!!
- Act as a positive role model for campers.
- 14-15 years of age (Must be Entering 10th Grade)
- Complete the application form and other necessary consents
- Have an ability to work with children, peers and adults in a professional manner
- Have a willingness to lead, learn and have fun
- Be a positive role model for other youth
- Work at least 8 of the 9 weeks of camp
- Be present and on-site every scheduled shift
- Wear appropriate uniform
- Attend mandatory camp meetings every week
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend staff training and complete online training as scheduled
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022
Note: Transportation, Early Stay, Late Stay counselor add-on opportunities available.