Kings Bay Y
Responsible for creating an arts and crafts curriculum for campers. Classes should be process-based with less emphasis on the final product. Specialists must be available to work the full eight-week season and be able to attend staff training dates the week before camp starts. We are looking for individuals who have a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and love working with children!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Create a 9-week curriculum for 3 age groups (4-6, 7-9, 10-13) to be approved by the Camp Operations Director.
- Build lesson plans for each art project that could be replicated by those with limited to no knowledge of the subject matter.
- Create a budget for art supplies.
- Prep each individual art project.
- Lead students through their art lessons.
- Classroom preparation and clean-up.
- Experience working with school-aged children.
- Passion for art education.
- Documented experience in visual arts instruction or documented training and experience, at least one year of successful, related teaching experience.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Create a supportive, collaborative relationship with all of the summer camp staff.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Summer salary: Seasonal contract based on experience
- Hired mid-Spring
- Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online training
- Summer: 8:15AM – 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022