Effective Oct 5 - Oct 30, 2020
Great news! Since our building is now labeled as being in the Yellow Zone defined by the Governor’s order, the swimming pool, fitness center and gym will reopen on Monday, October 26. Group swim classes are reopening in November!
Kings Bay Y swimming pool reopens on October 26, 2020. We are committed to your health and safety and we are taking every precaution possible in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The swimming pool will operate at 33% capacity in accordance with New York State law, while strictly following NYC Department of Health guidelines.
- In October, the swimming pool will be open to Kings Bay Y Members only, with reservations required.
- You can reserve only one time slot per day, due to capacity limits.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.
Upon clicking “reserve pool time” you will be redirected to our reservation page
New Swimming Pool Safety Procedures
- All patrons are required to fill out a COVID waiver prior to entering the building.
- All patrons are subject to a contactless temperature check upon entry into the facility (Temperatures exceeding 100.4 degrees F will not be permitted in the building)
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Patrons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Each patron is required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to entering the pool.
- All patrons must maintain 6 feet apart at all times.
- All patrons must follow designated pathways to ensure a safe flow.
- The pool capacity is limited to 33% of people in the pool at all times.
- At this time, you can reserve only one time slot per day, due to capacity limits.
- Walk-ins will be allowed entry depending upon the total number of members already in the pool.
- Face coverings are required at all times, except when in the pool. All swimmers are required to wear face coverings when traveling to and from the pool deck. Face coverings may only be removed when the swimmer is entering the water. Swimmers are responsible for bringing their own bag to store their face covering in designated areas on the pool deck (hooks are available to hang up bags.)
- Swim instructors and lifeguards will wear face coverings at all times when not in the water.
- Sauna and steam room are closed until further notice.
- Showers will be open and cleaned after use.
- Pool equipment (including kick boards, pool noodles, etc.) is not available for use by members. Equipment may be used by private swim instructors and private swim participants.
- Swimmers are encouraged to arrive in swim gear to speed up changing process in the locker room
- Lockers are open at a reduced capacity
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-648-7703